Long term investment
Long-term investment is a strategy focusing on capturing at least a few months or a few years of price actions. The key distinguishes between swing trading and long-term investment:
(1) a swing trading position contains a shorter time frame than a long-term investment position
(2) long-term investment is mostly stocks, warrants, and mutual funds.
(3) long-term investment is more conservative than other shorter-term trading techniques
Since we budget even more time on long-term investment than swing trading, it is often less risky than swing trading and requires less closely monitoring than other trading positions. Therefore, it is a suitable investment method for retirement accounts like 401K, 403b, Roth IRA, IRA, HSA, 529.
Long-term investment relies mostly on fundamental analysis, and often technical charts, news, and volume flows can help us decide when we should add more positions.
There are several risks long-term investment contain:
1. A market reversal risks
2. The company we are trading/ holding has unfavorable fundamental changes or news
Moneypig Trading provides excellent track records on long-term investment.
(1) Benchmarking Account
In 11/05/2022, we started a real-money 'benchmarking account' with $69,534.78.
As of 08/08/2023, the account ends with $95,822.00
Year-to-date (YTD) performance +40.9%
Outperforms $QQQ YTD +40.40%
Outperforms $SPY YTD +17.76%
(2) Twitter Live Trading Period
Between the May 11, 2020~Dec 31, 2021 Twitter live trading period:
Moneypig sent out 15 investment alerts, resulting in 15 wins, which equals a 100% winning rate!
Each trade has an average 20.01% of the return!
The details of the 2020 alerts are available below.